What are white papers? One thing they're definitely not are brochures. A white paper is not designed to sell a product or a service. If a brochure is 10 out of 10 for trying to sell things, a white paper is 0 out of 10.
So what's its value then? It's there to relay information while at the same time subtly establishing the credibility of the company distributing it. White papers are generally downloaded and, at the point of download, that's when you can collect a potential buyer's contact details.
It all starts with the planning. Here are the things we'll consult with you on at the beginning of the process...
Everything starts with you. What do you want the white paper to do? Is it for lead generation, publicity or part of an involved sales process?
Who's going to read it? If it's there to generate leads from potential customers, what level are these enquirers at within their organisations? If it's for sales reps, under what circumstances will they be presenting it and at what stage of the sale?
Lots of questions so there's always much to consider. We find the following four approaches are a good starting point for getting your white paper seen by as many of the right people as possible...
Your white paper will look exactly the way that your readers expect it to look
Short sentences, short paragraphs. Easy-to-read, digestable, interesting blocks of text.
...whatever conclusion you want your white paper to come to
Using proven, successful techniques to encourage download
"Definitely will be using again. Very quick turnaround, responsive, supremely helpful and delivered an excellent finished piece. Thanks Mark."
“Awesome and very attentive and professional copywriter. Recommended A+++.”
“Excellent. Superb, fast, effective, and efficient. Brilliant.”
“Fantastic work to a tight deadline. Will definitely be working with again.”
“Great work across vastly different copy writing tasks. All executed brilliantly.”
“Great writer, very fast and easy to work with.”
“Great job - Mark exceeded our expectations. Highly recommended.”
“Excellent service. Would highly recommend.”
With your white paper, it's absolutely imperative to choose the correct writer. Someone with experience, background, knowledge, and credibility in your chosen sector. The Copy Writing Project Ltd's greatest selling point is the expertise of the writers it has in-house and as part of its wider network.
White papers can take 2-6 weeks of planning, researching, and writing before sign-off point is reached. It's a real and significant investment for your company and it has to achieve the aims you set out for it. We completely understand that and will be with you on every step of the journey.
Get in touch to find out more on 0330 010 3495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Everything included - including research time and costs (subject to initial consultation), copywriting, imagery (also subject to initial consultation) and professional formatting (for digital and/or print distribution). Up to 24 pages (including covers) included in the cost.
• 100% written to industry standards - by one of our network of experts across multiple sectors
• Included landing page - to help with your successful distribution, we'll write 3 compelling landing pages for A/B comparison testing
• Blog post - to promote the publication of your white paper that can also be posted on LinkedIn
• External proof-reading include
• Unlimited revisions - we won't stop working on your white paper until you're 100% satisfied
• Credit & debit card and bank transfer payment accepted - 50% payment in advance, 25% on production of first draft, 25% on production of signed-off, final version
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter now for the very best advice and guidance on making your company and its products and services sound great. We never sell your email address on - ever.